Blog 3# VISITOR AND RESIDENT MAPPING

Maps of visitors and residents are a fantastic method to demonstrate how technology is used. Using this mapping technique, it is correctly stated when, where, and how technology is needed (While, 2014). It provides a suitable visual portrayal of how people interact online. The visitor end of mapping simply refers to how a person can view his or her needs online without leaving any indication or trace on social media, whereas the resident end of mapping refers to how people interact with one another online, share opinions, and make connections while leaving a social media trace behind. For instance, when we simply search for something online, we find the information we need, close the tab, and don’t return to it. This is at the visitor end of the spectrum whereas our motive completely changes when we are on the visitor mode, our main motive is to connect with people online and we leave a trance.

Additionally, there is a fine boundary between institutional and personal curricula. Professionally and institutionally, various digital platforms have recently been built that support students, such as Indeed, Zoom, and LinkedIn. We all know that due to the severe circumstances over the past three years, we are unable to physically attend school, and Zoom has been really important. Every class had a Zoom session, which made it easy for us to understand the material without having to interact physically. A wonderful technique to handle preparing resumes, talking with HRs, learning about all the organisations, and maintaining continual contact with individuals worldwide is through LinkedIn or Indeed. I personally would rely on Snapchat and Facebook as my digital outlets as These help me personally to stay in touch with my friends and family.

Concerns about personal identification include privacy and security. For instance, there was a time when I was using LinkedIn to make contacts and it just so happened that Facebook and LinkedIn were linked. I overlooked the fact that all the HRs might see my private posts and images. I then understood that there must be a boundary between personal and professional accounts. I immediately deleted the LinkedIn and Facebook connections. Controlling these minor details is crucial.

My VR Map

This image has an empty alt attribute; its file name is image-5.png

• White, D. [University of Oxford]. (2014, Mar 10). Visitors and Residents. Youtube. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPOG3iThmRI
  • “Using the Digital Visitors and Residents App.” Visitors and Residents, OCLC Research , http://experimental.worldcat.org/vandrmapping/editMap.